Addigy can be integrated with ConnectWise ticketing. When the integration is fully configured, a monitored event will create an alert when a threshold is met/exceeded. There are a few important details to understand:
- Communication between the systems is FROM Addigy TO ConnectWise. ConnectWise does not send information to Addigy.
- In order for a ticket to be created, the "Send ticket on alert" option must be enabled on the monitor item. If this option is left unchecked, a ConnectWise ticket will not be created.
- If remediation is enabled, and if remediation resolves the issue, the alert and the associated ticket will be closed.
- If the alert is closed manually in Addigy, the associated ticket will be closed.
- If the ticket is manually closed within ConnectWise, the alert within Addigy will remain open. Addigy recommends closing the alert within Addigy first, which will then close the associated ticket.
Configuring the Integration
Navigate to the Support -> Integrations section within the platform and click on the ConnectWise tile.
Provide the required fields for your account:
1. For the ConnectWise Company ID provide the same id that you use for the Company field when you sign-in into your ConnectWise Account.
2 & 3. To get the public & private key pair, navigate to "My Account" in the ConnectWise platform, select the "API Keys" tab and click on the "+" sign. Once you add the description and click on the save button a pair of public&private keys will be generated for you.
4. Provide the URL for your ConnectWise account.
5. Click on "Next" to fetch the rest of the configuration information from your ConnectWise account.
Monitoring Service Board
6. Select the Monitoring service board. This will be the board for the tickets generated by monitoring items.
7. Select the Monitoring service board Open status. This will be the ticket status used when creating a ticket generated by a monitoring item.
8. Select the Monitoring service board Closed status. This will be the status used when closing a ConnectWise ticket generated by a monitoring item.
Self Service Service Board
9. Select the Self Service service board. This will be the board for the tickets generated by users through Addigy Self Service App.
10. Select the Self Service service board Open status. This will be the ticket status used when creating a ticket generated by users through Addigy Self Service App.
11. Select the Self Service service board Closed status. This will be the status used when closing a ConnectWise ticket generated by users through Addigy Self Service App.
12. Select the Configurations active status.
13. Select the Configurations inactive status.* When linking a ConnectWise Company to a Policy, for every device within that policy a Configuration will be created in your ConnectWise account.
* If a device is added to a policy that is linked with a ConnectWise Company, a Configuration will be created for that device in your ConnectWise account.
* If a configuration for that device with that company already exists, we will update the configuration with the Active Status you selected.
* If a device is removed from a policy that is linked with an ConnectWise Account, we will update the configuration with the Inactive Statusyou selected.
14. Select the default Configuration Type that will be used when creating configurations for your devices.
15. (Optional) Add conditional Configuration Types to manage any device configuration type special cases.
* In order for Addigy to successfully link the devices to configurations in ConnectWise, the configuration type selected in step 6&7 can not have any required configuration questions.
16. Once you filled in all the fields, click on the switch on the top-right of the ConnectWise integration widget.
If all the information you provided is correct, the integration will be enabled.
1. Navigate to the Policies section within the platform.
2. Click on the Integration section for the policy you want to sync.
3. Click on the ConnectWise dropdown.4. Search for the ConnectWise organization you want to link.
5. Select the organization you want to synch
6. Click on "Save Account" button.
7. A "Devices Binding" section should appear showing the sync progress for the devices within the policy.
8. If the sync process fails you can see the error by clicking on "View" under the "Error" column for the specific device.
9. If any of the devices fails to be linked to the account, you can click on "Retry Pending" and the process would be re-tried for the unlinked devices
The following fields for the configuration will be updated with the Addigy Device information
ConnectWise field = Addigy Field
- name = Device Name
- deviceIdentifier = agentid
- serialNumber = Serial Number
- macAddress = Ethernet MAC Address
- ipAddress = Local IP
- osType = OS Platform
- osInfo = System Version
- cpuSpeed = Processor Speed (GHz)
- ram = Total Memory (GB)
- lastLoginName = Current User
c) A blue ConnectWise icon next to the policy means that the policy and its devices are linked to an ConnectWise Company.
b) A red ConnectWise icon next to the policy means that the policy is linked to a ConnectWise Company but has devices that are not linked to a configuration for that company.
- If a device is added to a policy that is linked with a ConnectWise Company, a Configuration will be created/activated for that device in your ConnectWise account.
- If a device is removed from a policy that is linked with an ConnectWise Account, the Configuration created for that device in your ConnectWise account will be deactivated.
- Tickets created by the device will be created within ConnectWise Platform and linked with the Configuration for that device.
- Closing an alert will close the ticket associated with it in ConnectWise(if any).
If you have an Addigy account and have additional questions, you can create a ticket by emailing email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can submit a support request within Addigy.