Addigy can be integrated with Autotask ticketing. When the integration is fully configured, a monitored event will create an alert when a threshold is met/exceeded. There are a few important details to understand:
- Communication between the systems is FROM Addigy TO Autotask. Autotask does not send information to Addigy.
- In order for a ticket to be created, the "Send ticket on alert" option must be enabled on the monitor item. If this option is left unchecked, an Autotask ticket will not be created.
- If remediation is enabled, and if remediation resolves the issue, the alert and the associated ticket will be closed.
- If the alert is closed manually in Addigy, the associated ticket will be closed in Autotask.
- If the ticket is manually closed within Autotask, the alert within Addigy will remain open. Addigy recommends closing the alert within Addigy first, which will then close the associated ticket.
Enabling the AutoTask Integration
Navigate to the Account -> Integrations section within the platform.
Click on the Autotask tile, provide the required fields for your account:
1. Provide Autotask API Username (Details on the API User can be found here.)
Steps on how to create an API user in Autotask for Addigy can be found here.
2. Provide Autotask API User Password
3. Click on "Connect" to fetch the rest of the configuration items from your Autotask account:
5. Select the Ticket Queue from the available values in your organization.
6. Once you fill in all the fields, click on the 'Enable' switch on the top-right of the Autotask integration widget to enable the integration.
The following "Configuration Item Type" and "Configuration Category" (new in API 1.6) will be created within your Autotask Account and will be associated with the User Defined Fields for the specific device type.
- Addigy_Device (default)
The following "Product" will be created within your Autotask Account
- Addigy_Mac_Computer (default)
'Use Device Name field as Reference Name in AutoTask' will populate the device name in the Reference Name field in the Autotask configuration created.
With the provided Username and Password we will get your Autotask Account Url.
If this process fails we will show you an error message letting you know that your credentials are not valid or do not have sufficient privileges.
1. Navigate to the Policies section of the platform.
2. Click on the Integration section for the policy you want to sync.
3. Click on the Autotask dropdown.4. Search for the Autotask account you want to link.
5. Select the account you want to sync
6. Click on "Save Account" button.
7. A "Devices Binding" section should appear showing the sync progress for the devices within the policy.
8. If the sync process fails you can see the error by clicking on "View" under the "Error" column for the specific device.
9. If any of the devices fail to be linked to the account, you can click on "Retry Pending" and the process would be re-tried for the unlinked devices
a) A gray Autotask icon next to the policy means that the policy is not linked to any AutoTask Account.
b) A red Autotask icon next to the policy means that the policy has devices that are not linked to the policy Autotask Account.
c) A blue-red Autotask icon next to the policy means that the policy and its devices are linked to an AutoTask Account.
Addigy Created Facts
The following User Defined Fields for "Configuration Item Type" Entity will be created within your Autotask Account under the newly Created Configuration Items once the devices have been synced into a Policy:
- Battery Capacity Loss Percentage [Addigy]
- Serial Number [Addigy]
- Device Name [Addigy]
- Device Model Name [Addigy]
- Timezone [Addigy]
- Processor Type [Addigy]
- Processor Speed (GHz) [Addigy]
- Hardware Model [Addigy]
- Total Memory (GB) [Addigy]
- MAC OS X Version [Addigy]
- If a device is added to a policy that is linked to an Autotask Account, the Configuration Item created for that device in your Autotask account will be deactivated.
- If a device is removed from a policy that is linked to an Autotask Account, the Configuration Item created for that device in your Autotask account will be deactivated.
- Tickets created by the device will be created within the Autotask Platform and linked with the Configuration Item for that device.
- If a ticket for a monitoring item is closed, and you receive exactly the same ticket/alert (Same alert name, alert fact, alert value, and device), the closed ticket will be reopened.
- If you close the ticket in AutoTask, it will not close the alarm in Addigy.
- If you close the ticket in AutoTask, it will show as a closed ticket within Addigy.
- Please review the "Duplicate Ticket Handling" settings on your Autotask Platform.
- If you have option 2 checked, all tickets from the same device received within the specified time will be treated as duplicates.
- If you want that tickets received for the same alert (i.e: alert name, alert fact, alert level, alert value, and device) are considered duplicates, we recommend checking setting 1
If you have an Addigy account and have additional questions, you can create a ticket by emailing email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can submit a support request within Addigy.