Addigy Migration Guide
- Migration Process
- Step 1: Deploy the Addigy Agent using your existing MDM/RMM Tool.
- Step 2: Replicate Software Packages, MDM Configuration Profiles, etc. in Addigy (Optional)
- Step 3: Copy scripts into the Addigy Devices page. (Optional)
- Step 4: Configure Addigy MDM (Required for MDM)
- Step 5: Remove Current MDM
- Step 6: Install and Approve the Addigy MDM Enrollment Profile
- Step 7: Use Addigy to Remove Any Remaining Aspects of the Previous RMM/MDM Tool (Optional)
- Additional Assistance
Migrating your macOS fleet from an MDM or an RMM can be worrisome, confusing, and stressful. This document is intended to clarify the intricacies of this process and walk through the complexity to ensure a smooth, well-thought-out, streamlined migration to Addigy.
Migrating to Addigy implies that you have some existing tool in place to migrate your devices. If this is not the case, then you would enroll the devices normally as a new device.
Below are the requirements for migration:
Ability to run a Script or PKG on the device(s)
macOS 10.10 or higher
MDM Configured (If desired)
The following is the migration process for moving a device from another system into Addigy.
Step 1: Deploy the Addigy Agent using your existing MDM/RMM Tool.
- Navigate to the Addigy Portal you want to migrate the agents to.
- Log in and go to the Add Devices Page
- Copy the Single Command Line Installation script (If a script is desired) or use the Addigy Installer PKG file for the desired policy, or into the “No Policy” option.
Migrating from LabTech: https://support.addigy.com/a/solutions/articles/8000049520
Migrating from Kaseya: https://support.addigy.com/a/solutions/articles/8000078678
Migrating from any other tool should be similar, just copy the CLI Package and deploy it out using the mechanism provided by the tool to run a one-time script.
Step 2: Replicate Software Packages, MDM Configuration Profiles, etc. in Addigy (Optional)
Navigate to the Policies page and select the Catalog.
Use the Custom Software tab to recreate deployment packages from your previous RMM/ MDM tool.
Use the MDM Configuration tab to recreate any existing MDM profiles currently in use in your previous MDM (Wifi, Energy Savings, Security and Privacy, etc.)
Step 3: Copy scripts into the Addigy Devices page. (Optional)
- On the Devices page, select the Manage tab.
- Copy any desired scripts from your current solution into Addigy. Save the script and repeat for each desired script.
Creating Scripts: https://support.addigy.com/support/solutions/articles/8000053938
Step 4: Configure Addigy MDM (Required for MDM)
- In the Addigy portal, navigate to the Account >> MDM Settings page.
- Follow the instructions to create an Apple Push Certificate for each organization.
- Navigate to the Policies page.
- Select a policy and navigate to Integrations > Mobile Device Management (MDM).
- Create the MDM Enrollment Profile and associate the Apple Push Certificate.
The process detailed here: https://support.addigy.com/support/solutions/articles/8000064689
Step 5: Remove Current MDM
Log in to the current MDM tool.
Un-enroll the device from the current MDM tool.
Verify that the MDM Enrollment Profile has been removed from the device.
Step 6: Install and Approve the Addigy MDM Enrollment Profile
- Log in to the Addigy portal and navigate to the Devices page.
- Search for the migrated device in the Devices list. Select the Green dropdown arrow.
- Press the Install MDM button to deploy the Addigy MDM Enrollment profile.
- On the Device, navigate to System Preferences >> Profiles.
- Approve the Addigy MDM Enrollment profile.
- (Additionally, Addigy Support can provide a script to prompt the user to approve the profile if desired, please see information at the end of this guide to contact the appropriate team.)
Step 7: Use Addigy to Remove Any Remaining Aspects of the Previous RMM/MDM Tool (Optional)
In the Addigy portal, navigate to the Devices page.
In the Run Command bar, enter the commands to remove the
Navigate to the Policies page.
Select a policy and navigate to Integrations > Mobile Device Management (MDM).
Create the MDM Enrollment Profile and associate the Apple Push Certificate.
The Addigy Team has extensive experience helping migrate. If you run into issues or questions from this document, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like our assistance in the migration, please let us know at email@example.com.
If you have an Addigy account and have additional questions, you can create a ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can submit a support request within Addigy.